WordPress have recently announced the release of an update to their WordPress app for the BlackBerry PlayBook, the latest release takes the WordPress app to v2.1 which according to WordPress adds some totally radical stuff!. You can read below exactly what some of those new features are and download the app at the bottom of this article. Unfortunately I do not own a BlackBerry PlayBook so can give no feedback on how this app performs although I do like the look of it’s screen layout from pictures and videos I have researched.
- Comment editing: tap the new ‘Edit’ button when viewing a comment and you will be taken to a new screen where you can edit the comment information including the name, email, URL, comment text, and status.
- Post Autosave: to better protect your content, the app will now autosave posts you are editing every 60 seconds.
- New Scaled Image Setting: you can now set the width of linked images. Tap ‘Settings’ and then tap the ‘Upload and link to scaled image’ checkbox.
- Small improvements to the UI, most notably the delete post button has been moved to a less prominent spot to prevent accidental taps.
- Reliability improvements.
- Updated translations.
- New app icon.
- New WordPress.com Reader: There’s an all-new reader in the app that makes it easier than ever to follow your favorite blogs on WordPress.com. We’ve added a bunch of great new features including simplified navigation between posts and the ability to comment on articles you like.
To install v2.1 of the WordPress BlackBerry PlayBook app you must be using BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 or higher, if you already meet the required PlayBook OS requirements you can download the app now and get started
If you are using this app please leave some comments letting us know your experience with it good or bad.